Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Well I guess for a 13.51m weekend this wasn't a bad one. I would have liked to have jumped 50cm farther but in all fairness I barely jumped at all. The facility didn't have an eleven meter board so I had to jump from a ten meter board and my step was almost in the pit off two phases. The board was barely a board, it seemed to be about 15cm thick with no fault markings at all.
And the weather... Oh the weather, it was 9 degrees Celsius and rain was pouring. I think it was the worst weather I have ever jumped in, I was so cold and miserable I thought my legs were frozen solid. I'm half surprised I even jumped 13.00m. My opening jump was terrible, I was just going through the motions, 13.34m. The second was a little better, 13.49, but there was still some major collapsing going on and it was loud as anything. My third jump was 13.51m but didn't feel great at all, just flat and by this point I was frozen solid and shivering uncontrollably. I called it to my dismay, it didn't seem worth pulling a hamstring over.
Unfortunately the weather today was perfect, 26 and sunny. I really wish I had a shot at jumping again today but oh well.
It looks like I'll be in Moncton next weekend hopefully the weather, my heel and hamstring all hold up for one amazing jump.
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris