Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
As far as speed workouts go this was a pretty good one, I have forgotten how quick the Dalplex is compared to Beazley field. When I was doing sets of 30m I felt like a fifteen meter jumper instead of a fourteen.
Beazley field, the track that I normally practice on, is being completely resurfaced. It's kind of an annoyance but I'm not going to complain too loudly, the new surface is going to be 10x faster than the old one. Supposedly it is only going to take two weeks too which isn't bad.
That leaves me with a few options for the time being, the track at Saint Mary's University, the Dalplex or even a couple local parks. I'm happy with how today went, I felt quick and nothing really hurt aside from my heel which isn't serious. I'm hoping--praying--that the conditions stay prime for this weekend, it's supposed to be sunny and 24 degrees Celsius but that can change in an instant, it was supposed to be 20 degrees last weekend and it ended up being 9...
This is probably the strongest field at a meet in Atlantic Canada I've seen since I have started track. There are four of us borderline 14m, two of which have been over it in past seasons. It definitely beats the usual where there is 3-4 jumpers and they are all jumping 11.00m... I think that having some competition will only motivate me farther in achieving my goal.

TODAY'S WORKOUT

Warm-up
3x10m
3x20m
3x30m
3xflying 30m
Leg curls 3x5@145lb's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris