Powered by Blogger.
Monday, July 18, 2011
   Today was a normal ab circuit Monday with a short track workout. I essentially just did a competition warm-up to get my legs loosing up, I was feeling pretty lazy this morning after yesterday's drive home from Sydney. My hamstring feels pretty much healed (finally) but my heel is as painful, if not more, than ever. I think I'll still be able to jump on it since it's not a serious injury, it's just painful but it's nothing that won't fix itself during the backside of summer.

TODAY'S WORKOUT

Light jog (1km)
Quick warm-up
3x5 bounds
Ab circuit (190 movments)
20 minutes of static stretching

The summer season is coming to a close, Juniors have come and passed and I'm left with one meet to jump at. It has been an extremely short season, I have jumped five times so far and on two of those occasions the conditions were so bad that I might of well not jumped at all including this weekend where I only took two jumps before shutting it down. This has been the first season when I haven't put on at least 50cm which I find very worrying, although if I was anywhere near the board at Juniors I would have been way over that marker. I have put on 30cm since this summer with one shot left. I really want to break that 14m barrier, I have proven that I'm capable of jumping close to 47 feet, it's just a matter of getting it on paper. I don't want to have to tear down everything I've worked towards and go back into GP without a number I can respect.
   If the conditions hold up this weekend I think I will pb for sure. If I can feel exactly the same as I did at Juniors (but hit the board this time) good things will happen. A nice 1.8m/s wind would be nice, the highest wind I have had all year was 0.3m/s!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris