Powered by Blogger.
Friday, May 4, 2012
I took today off to prepare for tomorrow. I did some light stretching in the morning and before supper. I wanted to do more but my blood sugar was dropping and I was having trouble concentrating.
I'm ready for tomorrow, in a different way than usual. Before each meet in the indoor season I overprepared everything: my diet, sleep patterns sodium intake and I put a lot of pressure on myself. It worked for the first three meets of the season but it was very taxing on my body and I burned out by January. I'm taking a much more relaxed approach for this meet, I made sure that I ate healthy today and avoided anything overly salty but I didn't go crazy. Besides today I haven't really modified my workouts to taper off. My body weight is down however which I think is a positive but is nowhere near where it will be by nationals (bouncing around 165lb's right now).
I don't know where to set my expectations, I hope I can jump well and a pb would always be nice but this meet is more of a learning experience. It's my first time jumping with a double arm take-off so it will take a few rounds to shake the rust out, I think as long as I'm over 14m I will be able to leave happy and enjoy, in my opinion, a well deserved "cheat" day.
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris