Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, May 5, 2012
Today went so badly I have trouble even being angry about it, it's just funny. 13.40m LOL. Well now I know that double arm isn't for me, I didn't even feel like I was triple jumping, I was so out of position I'm surprised I even made it to the pit.
I'm not going to go over each jump, there is no point. I only hit the board on my last one, every other jump I was taking off way behind the board. Physically I felt good, it was clearly a biomechanical issue. I feel like I actually have a decent cycle from double arm compared to single but clearly it's not worth the trade off. I think my next move is to switch over to my old form and really work on my positioning through the hop. I think I'm going to try to change my arm action on the step phase though, bringing both arms forward then dropping them back instead of just dropping them back, considering how mild of a change it is I shouldn't have any trouble with the shift.
Today was a failed experiment but I learned a lot about where I am, to be honest I feel like if I was using my old arm action I would have been in pb territory. I probably won't be jumping again for another month or so, I'm expecting 14.40m+ haha 1 month, 1 meter--sounds crazy but it's not as farfetch'd as it sounds.
I didn't really taper off either, that's not the primary reason for my failure today but it probably didn't help, heavy x3 squats on Tuesday and still pretty high loads in the weight-room on Thursday, I may have been a little fatigue too. I also weighed in at 164.6, 6lb's heavier than I will be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris