Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Well coming into today's meet I really didn't know what to expect, I thought that I definitely had the potential to pb right now and I guess I was right. I can't complain too much I suppose, a new provincial record and a 30cm indoor pb. I felt like I could have jumped a lot farther than I did too, I felt like I was very springy but wasn't making the most out of my potential speed. I definitely need to start doing more runways in practice, I need to work on driving out of the back and getting my foot under me after the step phase. I feel like this was a basal meet for this season and that each meet will only get better. I definitely think that the CIS auto-qualifying standard of 14.22m should be well attainable.
   My next competition is in Moncton on December 17 2011. I always love jumping there so hopefully a large personal best is immanent.

Jump 1-Fault: I toe faulted but when the measuring tape was pulled it was somewhere in the 13.80's

Jump 2-13.78m: Felt good but not as good as the last jump. I felt like I carried a lot more momentum on the first jump. I over extended the last couple strides.

Jump 3-13.65m: I barely touched the board so it would have been about the same as the last jump, I felt fatigue setting in a little bit.

Jump 4-13.78m: I started to get a little frustrated that I wasn't getting over the 13.80m but I think I started to try too hard and broke down technically.

Jump 5-13.78m: This jump felt pretty much exactly the same as the last one, I guess the distance reflects that..

Jump 6-13.88m: Felt like I had more speed but biomechanically it didn't feel any better.

I was happy with the consistency because it's all about increasing the average jump distance. There are always a few outliers and if I'm jumping 13.80m consistently even by random chance there should be some way up in the 14.00m range.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris