Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Today was a short workout, it's purpose solely to test out my hamstring. I don't know, I really don't know how Saturday is going to go. It feels like it has almost healed but there are moments where I still get quick shots of pain. The prognosis on a pulled hamstring is usually around four weeks and right now it has been three weeks and two days. Even if it is sore it has been three months since I last jumped (four since I last jumped well) and ten months since I last jumped outdoors. My short approach jumps have definitely been getting better but I don't have a whole lot of practice with speed. I need to focus on the drive phase of my runway and the last three steps before I hit the board. After that I think I need to let what happens happen. Whatever is encoded in my brain thus far is going to be what takes control.

TODAY'S WORKOUT
Warm-up
2 runways
2 three-step triple jump
Weights--
Hang cleans 3x5@165lb's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris