Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Today went as well as I could of hoped. When I started warming up my lower back was sore on the left side and my right ankle was also pretty sore. Upon first arriving at the track I was met with heavy thunders showers and I thought it was going to be a disastrous day but it ended up clearing up a little bit. Still, after working until 10:00pm last night and the sub-optimal, somewhat cold conditions, I wasn't very optimistic. Long jump was first, I haven't long jumped in so long it just felt flat...

Jump 1- Fault, which may have been the biggest of the day possibly 6.40m range.
Jump 2- 6.22m, -0.0m/s, just not a great jump, I decelerated and had a terrible landing.
Jump 3- Fault, possibly the weirdest jump of my life, my heal planted on the orange and I slipped but I slipped into some kind of monstrous vertical impulse, which if I was expecting may have lead to a huge jump (and if it wasn't a huge fault) if I could get that kind of height normally I think I would instantly go from jumping low sixes to high sixes consistently.
Jump 4- Fault, after nearly wiping out on jump number three I became afraid of jumping up and just jumped out, I doubt it was even a six meter jump...
Jump 5-Pass
Jump 6-Pass

Triple jump followed immediately, and I wasn't feeling great to start off with. If I wasn't already tired from long jump I may have pb'd but unfortunately that wasn't the case. I was happy with the performance though given the conditions. It's still the second farthest I have ever jumped outdoors.

Jump 1-13.13m, felt weird... I don't know how to describe it any better, maybe off-balance?
Jump 2-12.96m, the landing was the biggest issue, the whole jump was flat and I lost 30cm on the landing
Jump 3-13.23m, A little better then the first couple, still not great but a sign that it may not be a completely terrible day.
Jump 4-13.54m, Technically it felt 1000x better then the others, it was the first jump that actually had some "pop". If I felt better physically I think it would have been a very big jump.
Jump 5-13.56m, Again felt really good. I thought it was at least 13.80m at first, it felt huge. I was very surprised that it was only 13.56m. For a quarter of a second I thought I finally got the magic one, four.
Jump 6-Fault, I think it was a toe fault, apparently coming off the board my hop was in the range of 5.80m opposed to it's usually 4.90m-5.30m. It felt huge but of course I over hopped, I couldn't finish the step phase. If I could of held on to it I think it would have been massive. That's a big IF however...

At least it's a quick turnaround until the next competition, six days, but I bet they will feel like the longest six days of my life. I can feel it, this meet is being set up to be where it finally happens, 14.00m. I'm taking Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday off work so I'll be well rested. Then I'm busing up to Moncton the day before so I can get a good night sleep there. It's one of the fasted tracks in the world, built for world juniors last summer. Last time I triple jumped there I pb'd by 27cm which just so happens to be how far away I am from 14.00m

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris