Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Today was a little bit frustrating, my hamstring seems to be my biggest issue right now. We did some speed testing, the last ten minutes of runways. I did four and each one got faster but they were still quite slow the fastest was 1.13s which translates to 8.84m/s speed which isn't very quick. In all fairness I feel as though I would have went faster if my hamstring wasn't bothering me. My stride pattern has definitely been thrown off. I think doing glute-ham raises on Sunday might be why they are so sore, I think it is important to keep trying to strengthen them though even if it hurts a little so I don't develop atrophy in that area.
   I also think my CNS was pretty taxed from Sunday because I felt flat in general too. Today's speed testing definitely isn't a reflection of where I'm at considering I hit 9.12m/s off 25m months ago which at the time felt slow too. As much as today weights on my mind I feel as though it may not matter in the short run, i.e. this season. When I last competed my farthest jump was not the fastest on the runway, I lost control when I brought more speed to the board which shows that speed isn't the biggest limiting factor at the moment. I'm starting to feel strong again and when I cut back the volume in the weight-room at the end of the week I think that I will start to see good things.
   I want to end this season right, the time to put it all together is now--there is no more room for error.

TODAY'S WORKOUT

Warm-up
Flying 10m x4
Weights--
Squats 2x5@315lb's, 1x5@320lb's, 1x5@330lb's (Not quite as low as they should have been)
Glute-hamstring raises 4x5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris