Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
I can definitely feel the effects of cutting the workload down in the weight room. I felt much stronger jumping today than I have in a long time. When I was doing short approach bounds I felt like I was getting a lot of air time--enough so that while I was in the air I had enough time to think "I should be on the ground right now". I am feeling very confident about next weekend, I think that I will pb for sure, everything is starting to come together.
The only real negative today was the shin splint on my left leg was kind of sore but I taped it and it felt a little better. The origin of my right hamstring was a little sore as well but it has been sore for a while, not really affecting anything. I'm getting excited..

TODAY'S WORKOUT

Warm-up
Runways 2x3
Three step bounds 1x5
Five step bounds 4x5
Seven step bounds 1x5
*Rhythmic 9 step triple jump x4
Weights--
Hang snatch 5x2@135lb's
Explosive bench press 5x2@95lb's

*About 3/4 speed, concentrating on smooth, even strides

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris