Powered by Blogger.
Monday, February 20, 2012
I broke today's workout into two parts which I kind of liked, normally I find I rush through weights on Monday's and Friday's because I have trouble staying attentive for 2-3 hours following the same repetitive routine but this really helped to stay focused. I did a short warm-up, hurdle mobility and some static stretching in the morning and then came back to do core in the evening. The shin splint that has been bothering me for the past week or so felt better today but I made a point of staying off of it as much as possible. I had a little bit of pain in my left knee but I think it may just be some phantom injury from yesterday's practice that appears to have gone away already.
   I feel as though everything is falling into place, yesterday I weighted in at 164.8lb's, today I am 162.8lb's which is slightly higher than I would like but I'm expecting to be in the 161's tomorrow. I still have six days to taper--I'm not doing anything extreme this time, just cutting things out as they need to be eliminated (to stay vague).
   My mind keeps wandering towards the post-season where everything gets torn down and rebuilt, I already have a pretty good idea of what I want to accomplish this Spring but I haven't sat down yet to work out the details. I want to stay focused for the next three weeks before I do so, I don't want to be distracted. I'm excited though, as long as I can stay healthy the near and distant future is promising.

TODAY'S WORKOUT

Morning
Warm-up
45 minutes hurdle mobility
Static flexibility

Evening
Incline leg raises 3x8
Leg raises 3x8@20lb's
Oblique crunches 3x8@60lb's (Each side)
Abdominal pull-downs 3x8@170lb's, 2x8@180lb's, 1x5@190lb's, 1x5@200lb's
Standing med-ball twists 1x10@6kg (Each side)
Lunge-position med-ball twists 1x10@6kg (Each side)
Sitting med-ball twists 1x10@6kg (Each side)
Twisting incline leg-raises 3x8
Standing plate-twists 3x8@33lb's
Pull-ups 4x5
Static stretching

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris