Powered by Blogger.
Monday, February 27, 2012
I didn't feel great today but I did as much as I could without pushing it too hard. I did the usual routine of hurdles and core. My body is sore in a couple different places but the main area is around my hips and quads. It feels much the same as it does after every meet, just a general soreness that lasts 1-3 days. I'm hoping that I feel good by tomorrow so I can get a decent speed workout in and go a little bit heavier in the weight-room than I have been in the last little while.
   I'm still rattled from yesterday but I'm trying to make peace with it. I have been very bipolar today, flipping back and forth from excited to incredibly nervous--such is my dispossession. I need to learn to take everything in stride and not get too high when things are going well or too low when they are not. Nationals are in twelve more days and just because I had one bad performance doesn't mean that I won't do better. Even if I don't I will then have four months to tear everything down and rebuild from scratch which I feel I desperately need. I think that the key to doing well is going to be staying lose and just having fun with it, if I put too much pressure on myself again and chase numbers I will never do well. In the long run it is just another stepping stone on that way to my ultimate goal. If I jumped 14.40m or even 14.50m I would be pumped out of my mind but to at the end of my career I definitely don't want to look back and see I peaked at 48 feet. It's just a stepping stone on the way to bigger things.

TODAY'S WORKOUT

Light 1km jog
Leg swings
Light dynamic stretching
30 minutes hurdle mobility
Incline leg-raises 3x8
Leg raises 3x8@20lb's
Oblique crunches 3x8@60lb's
Abdominal pull-downs 3x8@170lb's, 2x8@180lb's, 1x5@190lb's, 1x5@200lb's
Standing med-ball twists 1x10@6kg
Lunge-position med-ball twists 1x10@6kg
Sitting med-ball twists 1x10@6kg
Myofascial release

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris