Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Well if nothing else, today was the first decent squat workout I have had in a while.

I started off with I nice long warm-up focusing on my ankle, making sure I wasn't pushing through pain. With spikes on I did a set of six runways and a set of three. I was going to do twelve but I could feel myself starting to slow and any extra seemed pointless.
  I then did 100 medball touches, all the standards, before starting weights. For squats I slowly tapered the weight up then back down for the last one. They felt pretty good, a thousand times better than they did on Tuesday. I started at 247lb's for two sets, then 257lb's, 267lb's and back down 257lb's (5x5 in all). It's not much weight but I really wanted to focus on the depth, I even went below parallel on a couple of them during the first three sets. That's actually why I went down again after 267lb's it felt like I was sacrificing about two inches at the bottom.
   I also did 5x5 straight-legged deadlifts (which I assume are going to make my hamstrings very sore tomorrow) and back extensions, 2 second hold, four seconds down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris