Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Not the performance I was looking for, not even close... 13.25m? A three year old could jump that. I can't believe I have to wait three months for the outdoor season to start. I can't believe I have to go three more months being a "13.60m" jumper.
   My first jump was the farthest, 13.25m, but the landing was messy... I lost a good 20cm from my elbow flailing back. The second jump appeared to be farther but it was a fair sized fault. The mark in the sand seemed to be pretty much at the 13.80m marker, maybe around 70 minus the fault. My last jump was just awful, a 12.96m (hahahha) apparently I was a board's length away from the board on takeoff and my landing was again messy.
   Technically all three jumps felt terrible, my take-off was messy, my step phase opened up completely and the landing was... well, about as bad as it could have been. The only thing that felt good was the first three strides on the runway.
   Tomorrow is the start of a new season. I'm feeling optimistic for this summer, being able to actually jump in a pit and work on the things I need to work on. For now I just need to work on getting all that lost strength back...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris