Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Today was a fairly good day. When I woke up this morning (after about 7-7.5 hours of sleep) I found that may legs were still a little sore from Thrusday's plyo workout, around the IT band on my left leg mostly but a little bit around both my vastus mediales (I think that's the Latin Nomitive, plural declension?). When I went to the track I was hoping to get some strong testing numbers to help track my progress but I don't think my standing jumps were a good indication of where I am right now. I hope I'm not delusion but my standing long jump was a measly 2.90m, I think mostly because my landing has grown rusty. I had absolutely no extension and although my feet were around 3.10m my hip landed back every time. This is down from the 3.20m I usually jump and even my very windy 3.30m. My standing triple was also down, around 8.30m from 8.70m. I think this numbers will quickly return to their norms during more optimal conditions.
Although my power was clearly down I still managed to pb in both the three step triple and five step triple (11.03m and 11.70m respectively). It was the first time I have felt like my step phase is on it's way. If I took a few more five stepers I think I would have broke 12m. I'm excited to retest under prime conditions!
My weight workout today was alright... 8x2x135lb jump squats, 3x5lb deadlifts and 3x5 stiff-legged deadlifts. My deadlift form definitely needs work as I felt like I was pulling with my back instead of pushing the ground away. I'm glad I didn't go too heavy..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris