Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, March 24, 2011
It has been a busy couple of days and I'm glad that I know have essentially two days off we the exception of abs/med ball throws and hurdles tomorrow. My legs have been sore since last Thursday... My ankle could probably use some rest as well. Yesterday I went to Beazley field to videotape some short approach jumps to get an idea where I reside technically. This should also serve as a pretty good base example to compare footage from later this season to. I did a couple of three step and five step jumps focusing on dynamic hop. I feel like it was high but also longer so I guess I'll have to wait and see what will happen from a longer runway. Here's a little montage of a few jumps.




I was clearly collapsing after the hop but it's something to work on. I also did 8x80m afterwards, then I shut the workout down before I had a chance to do 4x120, 2x150, 1x200m. I figured that it was one degree out and my legs are already sore enough--speed endurance isn't going to be what makes or breaks this season but an injury might.

   Today's workout was circuit work mostly, just general strength and fitness followed by weights. The best surprise of today was finding that my dead-lift form has improved since last Sunday. Last time I did dead-lifts I had pain in my lower back afterwards where I was clearly pulling with my back instead of pushing the ground away. Today I didn't feel anything in my back (slightly after my fourth set but barely noticeable, not even pain just a tiredness) and I went from 225lb's last week to 245lb's this week. Clean's didn't go quite as well, I did the first set at 185lb's but dropped it down to 155lb's for the last three sets just to be safe. I also did narrow-bench and back extensions as supplementary exercises.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris