Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Spring is officially here and that means training will soon be moved outdoors! Finally no more Dalplex, no more shinsplints and a pit to jump in. Tomorrow I may do a couple short approach jumps to work on a dynamic hop phase focusing on the arm drive and keeping my hips forward. Maybe 6 five step jumps--that is depending on how my legs feel in the morning. I was incredibly sore this evening, it was definitely one of the hardest workouts I have done in a while. On a day where my hamstrings were already sore from Sunday's stiff-legged deadlifts and my quads were sore from last Thursday's plyo workout, I did a total of 140 touches as well as a general fitness circuit (ab's push-up's burpees, ect.). Perhaps I should have called it quits there but I opted to continue on through the weights. I set the bar up at 170lb's for a warmup and it felt heavy, much heavier than pretty much half my 1RM should feel. I went as high as 250lb's for the first two sets for five reps and than cut it back to 227lb's. My quads were killing on the way down and I started to feel like I was sacrificing depth at the bottom for weight. This season I want to focus more on depth than weight, I think today was a good intro to that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris