Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, January 26, 2012
I'm feeling about as good as I could have hoped for, I weighed in this morning at 158.4lb's which is the lowest I've been since Juniors back in July. With one more day left on the taper I'll probably be under 158lb's tomorrow. I think my performance is going to be determined by a few external factors:

1. This is going to be the first time I have ever jumped off a 13m board which shouldn't be a big deal since I was jumping from 12m in Moncton. Just being farther back may cause me to lose focus however, I don't want to be reaching to make it into the pit. There's a chance that it may actually cause me to bear down and really stretch out the first two phases.

2. The runway in Montreal is a little bit too short for my runup. I remember having to start on the banked track last year when my first mark was at 30.50m. I'm now at 32.75m and jumping from a board 2m farther back. Now that I know what to expect I'm hoping my experience from last year will help me coup.

3. My hamstring feels pretty much fine but there's still a chance it won't hold up and may tear early on.

4. There are 15 jumpers which is quite a few compared to what I am used to, it shouldn't be a huge deal and the extended rest between jumps will probably be a positive.

If all goes according to plan I should be able to get another pb, hoping over the 14.40m mark.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris