Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, January 28, 2012
Today went much differently than I thought it would when I woke up, I finally took things too far, it was bound to happen eventually. I'm glad it did now before things went too far. I was really feeling good this weekend but this morning I essentially ended up poisoning myself in my own foolish effort to cut weight as low as possible.
For the last meet two weeks ago I cut my sodium levels down to 1735mg as well as took a mild diuretic (pamabroom) which felt pretty good, I didn't feel dehydrated at all but this week I cut down to 550mg which pretty much killed me, I probably should have been in the hospital but instead suffered things out at the track. It's definitely not a day I would ever want to relive. I woke up with a pretty bad headache and things only got worst from there. By the time we arrived in Montreal I was really starting to get nauseous, where it got to the point I threw up in the sink three times. I felt a little better after that so I tried to warm-up for my event, I wasn't able to move during my warm-up, every time I tried to I became nauseous again. I tried load up with sodium and electrolytes but I ended up not being able to stomach that either. I went back to the hotel room and possibly had the most painful 15 hours of my life, drifting in and out of wakefullness, trying to consume real food but I couldn't get anything down. I will never tamper with my salt levels again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris