Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Today went very well--of course it wasn't perfect but no day can be. I wanted to jump 14.22m and I did that and then some, 14.28m. I'm pretty happy with it, a 26cm personal best. I would like to break the school record though before the year is over, 14.38m. My goal coming into this season was 14.40m which I seem to be quickly approaching with three pb's in a row (4cm, 14cm, 26cm).
I tweaked my hamstring on my last jump, it doesn't seem too serious but I doubt I'll be able to compete next weekend. I was only going to do long jump anyways but looks like I will still be jumping in McGill the week after.
Jump 1: Fault (14.19m)- when I got a measure on this one I knew that it was going to be a good day. I was nervous coming in and unsure of how I was going to do but it quickly erased my self-doubt.
Jump 2: 14.28m- I was pretty pumped, 26cm pb but I felt like I was rotating forward off the step phase, I was way out of position.
Jump 3: 13.78m- It's funny, this is what my first jump of the season was and I was pretty happy with it... Now it is 50cm off my pb. It felt terrible and my elbow went back.
Jump 4: 14.13m- Definitely felt like the farthest jump of all, I thought it was farther but I didn't touch the board. This was the jump I was looking for, I'll get it next time.
Jump 5: 13.95m- Back on the board and started to lose control, with only 3 jumpers fatigue was starting to play a factor.
Jump 6: NJ- slight hamstring pull, felt like it could have been a good jump too but it cramped up bad during the step. It's pretty sore right now but I'm going to do strides tomorrow to test it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris