Powered by Blogger.
Monday, January 24, 2011
Today's workout was much longer than expected. Originally supposed to be a 30 minute ab circuit and hurdle mobility turned into four hours (and I never got to the hurdles). Some days it seems I can spend hours in the Dalplex without really doing anything at all. I spent about 45 minutes warming up then followed with the core curcuit (3x10x6+15x4). My legs were still sore from yesterday so I spent another 20 minutes rewarming-up and running the softball over my IT bands.
   I started off with five bounds for distance and then moved down to three with a five step approach instead of a three step approach. They felt better than usual and after five sets of each I moved to standing triple, three step and five step. I really tried to focus on driving through the hop and I opening up my arm action. They felt good, by the end I was pretty well clearing the crash mat I had set up. I'm looking forward to seeing if I can translate this power to a full runway on Friday. It hasn't been translated into muscle memory yet so my fear is I won't be able to replicate it or I'll replicate it poorly and wind up jumping poorly. I really need a pb here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris