Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
I don't know what to make of today's meet, I came nowhere near my personal best in triple jump, the event that I cared about probably due to long jump. Long jump went better than expected, 6.40m, coming within seven centimeters of a personal best. My first jump was 6.12m and didn't feel good at all, it felt like I fell out of the air and landed standing up. My second and third jumps were much better, they were both faults so I don't know how far they were but the second one definitely felt like a pb... I'm thinking 6.50m-6.60m range. My fourth jump was an oddity at 6.06m, it felt like I lost a lot of speed on the runway. The final two jumps were 6.30m and 6.40m respectively.
   After a two hour layover triple jump did not go so well. Since the indoor season has started my lowest jump has been 13.30m and today five of my jumps were less than that. The opening round was embarrassing: 12.96m, fault, 12.97m. I can't even remember the last time I was in the twelves. The final was slightly better: 13.17m, fault, 13.30m. Still, I'm trying to figure out why my performance was so poor. I think it was fatigue from long jumping beforehand but I hate using that as an excuse. It's a little perturbing heading into Montreal with high hopes for next Friday. Montreal is supposed to be where big things happen, I did not need today to rattle my confidence.
   I'll review the video later and see where I was going wrong. I think I was slow on the runway and opened up my step phase slightly. I just hope I can throw at least 50cm onto today's performance on Friday. I'm feeling a big one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris