Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
   Luckily when I woke up this morning I wasn't nearly as sore as I was expecting, the stabilizers around my hips were a little sore but I rubbed some catsclaw on them and it seemed to do the trick. Sunday's are usually technical days and I decided to stay on that schedule even though I competed yesterday. After a very quick core circuit and full warmup I started with some bounding focusing on keeping the front foot tucked in under. However, on every set it felt like I was getting too much height but that was probably because I only took a three step run in.
    After five or six sets of bounds I moved onto standing, three step and five step jumps with emphasis on the arm drive off the hop. A few jumps felt good but most of them felt like my foot contacts were poor.
   Weights were very quick today at 8x2x135lb jump squats and straight legged deadlifts with a like 60% weight, I think I used 185lb's. Few future reference I need to remember to keep my upper bed straight and not be tempted to bend my neck upwards.
   I feel like my hop phase has shrunk over time, estimating from videos from the less few meets it looks to be in the 4.60m range meaning that I must be very jump dominate. That's a switch from the days when my ratio was about 40:25:35. Although my phases have become more equal I feel like I should try to extend the hop. I have been told to drive forward and hold the take off position longer. I don't want to drastically change anything in McGill but I do want to set a significant pb.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris