Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Today was a long day on the bus, waking up at 5:50am and competing at 7:00pm. The conditions were less than ideal and I think my performance reflects that. My first jump was 13.49m, a fairly solid opener but instead of each jump getting more technically proficient I started to concentrate on the distance alone. My second jump was my farthest of all, 13.58m, and was also a four centimeter personal best. Each jump after that declined (13.42, NM, NM, 13.33).
   I hate to make excuses but there were only three of us jumping and I'm fairly certain that the entire competition was finished after 15 minutes. Although going into the competition I felt perfect my motivation quickly dwindled once I took the lead by three meters. As soon as I jump against other jumpers in the 13-14m range again I'm hoping that my performance will increase to match there's. I'm looking forward to McGill, there should be at least a couple people over 14.00m (My goal).
   Next weekend is the second competition in this three week string of competitions. It's a brand new facility built for Canada Games so I'm looking forward to breaking it in. I'm thinking I will do both long jump and triple jump, maybe if I'm lucky I'll break one or both provincial Junior records (6.58m, 13.83m)


A picture of the new facility:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris