Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, February 27, 2011
I don't know what to make of today, it clearly had it's ups and downs. I woke up today at 6:45am feeling overall good but anxious about competing today. I knew that I needed to pull out a personal best to save my sanity and to stay in the top twelve in the national rankings. I slept well and my injuries seemed to stay at bay.
   I started a jog about 2 hours before my event to wake up and then sat down for about 50 minutes before starting my real workout. It felt smooth and relaxed but I was being conservative to make sure my shin splint (stress fracture?) didn't start hurting as well as my recovering ankle. I find whenever I can feel something like my shin I get distracted and start to panic even if it's nothing serious.
   Most of my runways were faults by about 3-4cm and my runways seemed unusually inconsistent probably because the board was only 10cm long instead of the usual 20cm. My first jump didn't feel particularly good, it felt quite normal and judging by the tape (I put a mark at 13.58m, 13.83m and 14.00m) it was around 13.40m and I was about 3cm over the board. My second jump was the smallest but legal 13.26m it felt subconsciously like a safety jump even though I didn't mean for it to be.  Jump number three was another fault this one being in the 13.50-13.60m range minus a three centimeter fault. Technically it felt better. I got the clap going for my final three jumps to try and get momentum on my runway. The fourth jump was my farthest legal jump, 13.42m but it was only 13.42m because I brutalized the landing. I got two measures on it, one from where my butt landed and another from where my fit hit and there was a 26cm difference, it would have been a 10cm personal best. My next jump was another falling back jump similar to the last but maybe not quite as far, probably in the 13.50's after the fault.
   I had so much adrenaline for my last jump my technique completely broke down but it didn't seem to matter. My step phase opened up but I hit the sand quite far into the pit. If it wasn't for two major issues I would have had a huge pb... For starters I faulted by about 4-5cm and second, I fell back 27cm on the landing. They measured where I actually landed at 13.68m not including the fault  but the mark where my feet landed was at 13.95m! I know it's being overly optimistic but even if the fault is subtracted that would have been a 13.90m if I hadn't fallen back well over the 13.83m provincial record.
   It's clear that may landing is the problem, I can't afford to lose 25cm on every jump at CIS... I 'm hoping to get to a pit somewhere in the next two weeks to try and fix this obvious problem. I know it isn't a big issue and once it is fixed it will be fixed for good. A slight tweak may mean a huge personal best in two weeks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris