Powered by Blogger.
Monday, July 14, 2014
Today went pretty well, it was my first time jumping over 14.00m since I injured my knee a couple of years ago. My right ankle (Step-jump ankle) was really sore from jumping two weeks ago. I have a heel bruise, and there is a lot of swelling on the medial side from spraining it. The ankle was definitely my limiting factor today. My first jump was 13.86m fault and I ended up limping out of the pit. I taped it for the second jump, which was 14.01m, which oddly didn't hurt--maybe because of the tape. My third one really hurt and I didn't even really finish the jump. It was 13.68m. I passed the next one and tried to take my fifth jump. I had a great hop-step, probably the farthest of any of the jumps, but I couldn't plant on my ankle, I knew it would hurt so I bailed it.
   I'm hoping that after ten days of training, then a ten day taper I will be able to move up again to pb territory. It will be the last meet of the season. If my ankle is healthy I know I can do it! Good news is that I haven't had any knee pain in quite some time. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris