Powered by Blogger.
Monday, July 5, 2010
  Juniors didn't go quite as I had hoped, I was 17cm short of my personal best in long jump and only 5cm ahead of my personal best in triple jump.  It was a great experience though, running on a brand new mondo surfaced track, jumping along side some of the best athletes in Canada.
  I was 28cm short of making the final in triple jump, 13.43m being the 8th place finisher, it would have been nice to get three more jumps but I'm not too disappointed.  My runway was near perfect, for the time since the season started; all three triple jumps were on the board and only one long jump was a fault (by about a 2cm's).
  The biggest problem was my landing, on all three triple jumps I lost a good 20-25cm where my butt was hitting behind my feet.  I need to pull everything forward when I hit the sand, I'm going to work on it tomorrow at practice.
  I jump again this weekend at Beazly Field, it's going to be a large step down from the facility in Moncton but I'm looking forward to redeeming myself.  It's the last meet until August so it would be nice to get a solid result on paper before then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris