Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, August 29, 2009

With outdoor season finished I am looking forward to spending the next couple of weeks healing up for the 2010 season. The 2009 season was disappointing, I failed to reach any of my goals for the year. Near the beginning of January I began to develop Bursitis and tendonitis in my knee which eventually resulted in me tearing a ligament and tendon in my left knee. That injury kept me from being able to run properly until late April and I didn't start jumping until May. Even the part of the season I was able to jump I was plagued with injured caused by imbalance. In-between January and August I counted over 10 different injuries, including a bone bruise on my heel, various strains, and two sprains.

The first meet I felt completely healthy at was the last meet of the year, youth nationals. I didn't pb, I jumped 4cm less then I had the week before at tlantics (12.87m) but I physically felt much better. It would have been a HUGE pb however if it wasn't for two things. One, I barely touched the board, and two, my left elbow hit the sand about 30cm behind the my body. 30cm+20cm+12.83m= 13.33m. I was a little broken up about that jump because it would have been enough to make the final and even possibly medaled. Even though on paper 12.87m remains my pb, it's nice to know I have the potential jump mid 13's with my technique as bad as it is. I have spent the ladder half of August resting up and trying to heal. Right now my knee is pretty much healed, the only time I notice it is after I go for long runs. With school starting in a couple of days I am planning on completely upgrading my training, I am going to start going to the weightroom 3 times a week and spending 2 days a week at home increasing core strength. Also I well continue to train 3 times a week in Sackville. A big uncertainty is what is going to happen in March, last year I went to Florida for three weeks of training but this year I'm not sure if I have the finances to fork out $3000.00. I am not even sure if we are planning on going to Florida this year my coach even put out the possibility of Arizona.

All in all I am looking foward to the next couple months and the results that will come with the hard work. A fresh start is just what I need to put last years performances behind me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Bests

Triple Jump Outdoor: 14.38m(47'2ft)(w)-06.23.12

**********************************************

Triple Jump Indoor: 14.28m(46'10ft)-01.14.12


Canadian Junior Championships 2011

Canadian Junior Championships 2011
Third place 13.84m

About Me

Age: 20

Birthday: September 10 1992

High School: Prince Andrew High (2007-2010)

College: Dalhousie University (2010-present)

Hometown: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 160lb's

Personal Role Model: Roger Maris